Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chapter 1.2

Gabriel really does like me. OMG. The other day while I was at work, he arranged for a bouquet of flower to be despatched down to me. With a tiny little note attached on it: "Reserved a dinner-for-two at the bistro. See you at 7." I went gaga all over. I didn't know how to feel about it anymore.

The dinner at the bistro went absolutely romantic. Not only had he reserved a table-for-two, but also pre-ordered my favorite appetizer, entree and dessert. He's really really sweet. He asked about my family.. my childhood.. my job.. but as said, everytime I tried to hint something about him, he quickly turned away from me.

I asked him why, he said he was just not comfortable about sharing anything about him. He said that could affect our budding friendship. I told him it's okay. As much as I want to grow this friendship into something, I ask him to start opening up more to me. I believe we are soulmates in one way or another. It's often a time he could finish up my thought even before I tell him abt it.

He dropped a small hint in finding out about my ideal future spouse. First of all I told him, I wanted someone older than me. I can't bear the thought of dating a highschooler, or a college attender. Gosh you could have imagined what our topics will cover daily; school, school, and school. Second of all I told him he must be someone who cares enough for me, like how he's been. He seemed flattered. And lastly, someone who's willing to carry a legacy together with me.

He didn't look as happy as how I expected. I started to suspect something even worse. As the bistro was closing for the day, I invited him to come over to my place to talk it further. I wouldn't let things get drifted away anymore this time...

He held my hand just before I could talk.

"Marie, I know this could be a big shock to you. You could get angry me for as long as you like after I tell you. You could do anything you want. Okay?"

I was speechless.

"The reason I've been covering myself up from you is because I am exactly the opposite of someone whom you will like."

"Don't say that, Gabriel..."

"I am still a highschooler. In fact I just turned 16 last month. I still go to school everyday, thus I haven't been able to pick up your calls during the day. I like you, but I was too scared to reveal who I am because I'm afraid you would leave me, which I'm most certain that you will now. But as I pondered more about it these past few days, I realized that I wouldn't want to drag your time any longer til you discover who I am. It wouldn't be fair at all to you. So I gathered my guts today just to tell you this. I am really really sorry for all these. I'm just too afraid to lose someone who could understand me so well."

I teared. I wouldn't deny that sometimes in our conversation, he still sounds highschool-ish. But most of the time he's always been there to comfort me and complement what I lack. He's been a good buddy. But as I have decided earlier, I wouldn't fancy the idea of dating someone who's still so young. Much, much younger than me. When I have finally moved on with my age of 30s, he's still there raving on his hormone.. argh! No!

"You know how bad you've let me down, Gabriel. But I'm really thankful that you tell me this now. We can still be very good buddy."

I hugged him and shortly after that he left to go home.

For that whole night I couldn't hold my tears. I was only a step away from falling for someone, and yet that someone has to be taken away...

1 comment:

  1. So I guess my intuition is true, Sunset Valley seemed to lack ELIGIBLE bachelors. Even the service'man' are WOMEN!

    Riverview (which I played Maranello on), is on the other extreme end, excessive males! BOL!!!

    Anyway to join you in SV -- I am so sticking to my current game lah, which means I have to abort my 'marry-only-servicepeople' rule lest I become a lesbian, duh!! Guess I'd never have a generation with "pizza-appreciator" hidden trait, sigh!

    Okay before I end, here's a finding for you to confirm. After 1 SIM week in the game, you should have more bachelors (and yeah, eligible ones) moving into the town. Read the newspaper to find out.

    ReplyDelete