Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chapter 1.1

Hello... Marie here...

It's been a week since I left my hometown and came here to start a brand new life. Work has been fun, although I must admit the training part is very painstaking. I met couple of friends at work, they all seem fun and very easygoing, too. Everyday after work, I come home to tend my garden. I have been starting to plant. Well it kinda reminds me of the little cactus garden which I used to have in Mama's house.

I bought lettuce from the groceryshop the other day and started planting it. So happy that I could get back to gardening again. It's just wonderful I can easily form a life out of the soil and a small thing called seed. Anyway...

Albeit the fun job and hobby fulfilled, I still feel a bit lonely living alone here... I certainly need someone to accompany me, through all the good and bad times. But I'm too young to search for a spouse for now. I am barely twenty years old. I've just started my career. I just can't bear the thought of spending life with someone else, and eventually carry his baby and stuffs like that.

But I guess no harm to go search for a pool of candidates first ya? :D

No, no, don't get me wrong. This is of course not my type. I accidentally ran into him while reading book about Gardening. (I can't even remember his name anymore). He picked up some topics to talk about with me, though. He's smart, which explains the super thick book he carried. But na-ah, he turned me off when he started to boast about his Politics career.


Neither is he good enough for me. Simis comes from a well-off family. Told me his father owned 10 goldmines across Sunset Valley. But who cares really when he is actually filing a divorce with his current wife just because he took a liking on his French maid? Too much drama!


This is Gabriel. I took a bit of fancy on him when we started to chat. He loves the outdoor. He is also a very good looking guy. He's been showering me lots of attention as we get closer. But I told myself that I wouldn't want to jump into decision this fast. I still need to concentrate on my career. I don't want to ruin what I've already built. He text me frequently just asking if I would fancy go out to dine or watch movie with him. He's just sweet.

However there's a little of dark side that I don't know about him. Our topic is always about me, my family, my job, my new house, etc. It's never about him. Well at first I kinda liked that, because that showed how not self-centered he is. He could surely make good father and husband. But still still still... I was very curious. He seemed to be hiding something...

How shall I figure it out? I want things to move on. But I can't if my instinct keeps telling me that he has something on his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment