Sunday, September 6, 2009

Chapter 1.2: Can't take one to tango

The job for my pay isn't that very high. It could suffice me only a quick meal each time, so there's this one time while I was "patronizing" the Alto's, I saw this signage from afar:


It's like fallen star! I didn't care if I was going to win at all because I was only after: the FOOD. It's bittersweet, living this life all alone like now. There's even this one time I had to crash a sorority nearby my place, just so that I could get a 'free meal'. :( Humiliating and yet fun at the same time.


Hope my neighborhood hasn't put me on blacklist just yet.

Over the weekend, I decided that I need to transfer my job place as the previous one didn't look that very interesting anymore. Check out this new cafe tha
t I've been serving my life to:


There's this guy that I walked past who rather caught my attention. He looked punk, just as how I wish the prince of my life would be; punk, musician, rock band leader or something. So I decided to approach him. His name is DJ something... (gosh I don't inherit the Absent-minded trait do I) and we had the strangest conversation on earth ever! He loved Sushi, when they're boiled? I was like.... o.O;; He also said he would love taking Music as a career but not as a Musician? But that's not the top thing that really took me by surprise, it's his traits that I found rather out of the place for me. He is evil, that's for one. How am I going to have a husband who
is evil?


And secondly, he's a damned sick childish guy. Like I haven't had enough already during my teenage meyham era.


So I decided to block him away from my life. It's sad not to have found anyone to clap my hand together with, but it would be sadder if I were to clap my hand not happily with somebody. Am I right?

So I decided to go back to my beauty sleep and dreamt away for my prince in disguise.


The next day I woke up to a beautiful Sunday with birds chirping and my neighbor kids playing on the street. I found that it's a fantastic weather to visit the Museum. I was contemplating if I should bring anyone to go with me but I decided not to in the end. "What if I met my special someone there?", I smiled to my heart.


And I turned out right :) While standing afar to look at this picture mounted on the wall, there's this guy standing behind me. As we opened our mouths, we blabbered the same thing out: "Interesting." Then I turned my head to him, and he smiled at me. Without any further thoughts, I gestured out my hand to him. "Marie". "Russell, nice to meet you Marie". You couldn't have imagined how butterfly-in-the-neck I felt. What such a nice name! And he's rather cute too *flushed* We got to know each other. Much to my surprise, the first thing I knew about him was he's also a Hopeless Romantic person. I am not lonely *yay* and the next thing I knew was... he's flirty ! LOL. But one thing for sure is that he's really such a smart guy. He knew a-to-z about Arts *doh of course* and he boasted to me on how well he knows everything about Politics. Uh huh! I was too carried away with the smile on his face everytime he spoke.

Yet as we proceeded with our conversation, I learned that he actually had a relationship with Olivia, this lady from town. And they apparently had 4 kids together. My heart instantly sank. He caught my heart away and now he's dispatching it back to me.

I was hopeless and I think he knew about that too.


I didn't have anything in mind to say anymore so I excused myself and I took the cab home.

1 comment:

  1. Marie!

    Don't give up the entire forest because of a darn tree! You might just find a better one soon!

    Lol,
    Andrea M.

    ReplyDelete