Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chapter 2.5

It is as predicted, Mason and I are going to be parents. At first when I found out, I was scared til death to tell my parents, or even Mason. I'm afraid they would not react positively, which turned out to be.. quite true.

Mom was smelling something fishy when I hadn't really been able to eat her cooking. "Nala, anything wrong? Don't tell me you're on any diet or anything because you're only skin and bone. Are you sick, honey? Where is Mason? He hasn't come for quite some time."

"Mom, I need to tell you something. Promise you won't freak, kay. I'm pregnant."



I could see my mom as if seized by lightning. 1) I've just graduated 2) She has no idea on earth whom I could be dating at all 3) I'm pregnant.

"Okay. Please explain. Who's the father?"

"I hate to tell you this. But I've been going steady with Mason for over 2 months. Mason our former housemaid. I'm so sorry mom if I had to keep this all as secret. I'm deeply sorry for all I've done. You could re-determine your heiress."

"OMG..." she teared... "What are you gonna do with this baby? You haven't even landed yourself any job. We haven't even known Mason and you both are only together for 2 months or so. What do you expect me to say????"

I couldn't stop sobbing.

"How old is the baby?"

"About 3 weeks old... I can't abort this baby, Mom. Mason and I love each other so much but yet we're so afraid of your judgment on him."

She suddenly seemed weak and couldn't say anything else but hug me. "Nala, please call Mason over and let's talk about this together with your father. I will ask him to come home now..."

No comments:

Post a Comment