Friday, December 11, 2009

Chapter 3.4

My mother confronted me today.



"Odetta what do you think you're doing? Haven't I told you to stop seeing Robi?"
"Mother, he's just a friend. What's wrong with having a friend who happens to work as a maid for part-time? That's how you and dad met and you did great both as a parent and couple."
"That is the thing! I don't want the history to repeat. You won't know how hard it is to face the society who keeps prejudging you. I've gone through it and it's pretty depressing."
"Mom, but Robi is just a friend..."
"You really won't know how things will go, O. He phoned me earlier, a courtesy call I should say, asking me if it's okay he dates my daughter."
"Wh... what?"
"Yes, he has developed a feeling for you. I can't tell him no, can I? Because I don't wanna condemn your relationship, if turns out there'll be one in the future."
"Did you say yes then?"
"I didn't. I didn't say anything."
"So?"
"You really got to think about it, O. It's a future we're talking about."
"Mother, I love him too."
"But I thought you're not over John, are you?"

.  .  .

Robi and I did 'it' last night. Gosh I'm scared. And I'm saying thing that I don't think I mean to say at all... Gosh...





What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment