Monday, December 14, 2009

Chapter 3.13

Mother had a quarrel with Odelia this afternoon.

"Delia" is how she's used to calling her. To mother, Odelia has been more than just a niece. She did nurture her a lot when she's a baby, and she paid for all her schoolfee when she grew up. In short, she's half my sister, that's how she's treated her.

This morning, mother was just casually teasing her why she's been painting 'gloomy' art. Not sure if it's just her hormone acting up, "just shut up, Nala. For once please let me do my own thing, okay please?"



Knowing my mother, she certainly wouldn't give up when something's not right. "Excuse me, Delia? What did you just say? Is this what I've grown you into? Could you please for once look at me when I'm talking to you?"



"Yeah, and what now? You're not happy with me? I can leave this place as and when you like, Nala. I'm sorry but I can't fulfill your dream to be like your doctor daughter who got herself pregnant with don't-know-who."

"ODELIA! Please watch your mouth!", says mom. Then Odelia ran away and stayed at her friend's place. In midnight she came back, just like how she's always done.

Gees, now what if mother really asks me what she had just said if it's true. Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment