Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chapter 3.2

My father, Mason Chopin has left us forever this morning. He chose to leave the hospital and get home in order to rest peacefully. Prior to his departure, we all surrounded him, having our hands in hands singing joyful songs while saying prayers, just to let him know that he can leave peacefully.

In my eyes, he has been a great father. Partly because I'm the only child in the family. He was never quite the kind of father who spoiled me like nobody's business. He taught me how to become a person who carries substance. Though he has a background of only being a service man, he truly carried a certain dignity with himself that everyone looks up to. He can always get along well with everyone he meets.

Your presence will be truly missed, father. And I love you is what I meant to say to you all these years.

I have two grievances this week. I'm still crying over John, and I can't help it. When I'm struck by all the memories, I will drink a lot at the minibar. Before work, after work, before going to sleep, etc. Memory of 5 years, how is that ever easy to get out from this mind?


1 comment: