Friday, January 15, 2010

Chapter 3.20

If I were a celebrity, the news would read: "ODETTA'S LOVELY HUBBY'S AFFAIR"

I went to confront him today, just because things are simply getting worse. The intimate chatting inside the room is getting more and more frequent. Polly has even started calling Odelia "mom"! Fish!



 

He's not feeling any sorry even for the least bit. He even turned around the situation, saying that I've not been channeling much of love to Polly these days, that what I've done is just going out meeting friends, and getting back really really late. For one, I've never gone out with any of my friends eversince I've fallen pregnant with this second one. It's work. Work work work, for this family to work out. Because I'm not an A-list scientist like what mother is. Yet I still have to feed those many people inside the house, like what my mother did.



True that Ocean's career is also picking up, but it's the nature of his job. He doesn't earn much, probably enough for him alone. Odelia? Forget about her. She just asked from her mom money to buy a pair of Manolo Sim-ahnik shoes. Gross.

So anyway.

I was fumed by his saying. I tried to explain everything but it's in futile. "But at least, Rob, you won't have to talk away with other woman. Woman in this house. Everybody knows. Even Polly does. I heard her calling her 'mom'".

He couldn't run away this time. "It's true that I've been rather close to Odelia, but that's simply because I don't have anyone else to talk to in this family. Aunty Nadine can be a pain in the arse sometimes because she talks too much. Ocean is always carried away in his own world."

"You can speak to me, can't you?"

"Okay, sorry..." and he walked out the house to join his friends drinking at the pub.

Ah, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment