Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chapter 5.7

The confession.

Mom: Quinc, you gotta tell me... are you seeing anyone darling?
Me: Oh gosh mom what's with youuu?
Mom: I know what it feels like... just like your father and I. Totally flushed, innit?
Me: Hmmmm.
Mom: So who's the guy?
Me: Isaiah...?
Mom: You mean Isaiah across the street? January and Reed's father?
Me: Mom, he's NOT their kids. Long story. But yeah it's him.
Mom: Are you serious Quincey? He's double your age! And he's married!!
Me: No mom he's getting a divorce. Again. Long story. We're doing well mom, please don't ruin this.
Mom: I need to get to know him. NOW. I'm not sending you off to some jerk...
Me: Mom, he is NOT a jerk!!!! Please keep the judgmental thoughts to yourself okay? I'll see if he can come over tonight. He's really a good guy trust me.
Mom: whatever...
Me: ????

Isaiah decided to come to my place for dinner. IT IS SUPER AWKWARD but thank God Quinn was there to kind of melt everything down. Auntie Persey was totally cool with him though, she's all like so what's the future holding for you guys? But mom was like... when's the divorce getting finalized and are you sure about this relationship?

Mom's always the serious type... The night got late before we knew it so I asked Isaiah to stay for the night. Of course without mom knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment